- Increased Reliability & Visibility
- Greater Return on Investment
- Fully Automatic
- External Control & Supervision
- User Configurable
- Redundant Standby Radio Option
If your data radio network is 'mission critical', then a failure in any component can compromise your system integrity. The Radius HSC 100 is a redundant radio controller, that designed to provide a high level of security against loss of telemetry data in a SCADA network and is designed to minimize the imact of a failure in components.
System for Safer Nets
The HSC 100 is designed to provide a level of security against loss of telemetry in the SCADA network. Its versatile design and wide range of settings and options allows for a variety of system configurations.
Each unit can control two independent data radio transceivers, identified as Main and Standby. The radio selection is made by a controller module, which has both automatic and manual switch-over features.
Automatic Radio Switch
The automatic switching can be enabled or disabled by pressing the Auto button on the HSC 100 control panel. This can also be done via the configurable interface. The standby radio is continuously powered and always ready for instant operation.
The controller module triggers an automatic switching between radios by monitoring the loss of communication between the SCADA and the active radio.
The HSC 100 is avaliable in a wall-mounted cabinet for easy access and flexible installation. Other customized mounts are available on request. The HSC 100 as well as being designed for use with Radius data radio modems can also be used with other manufacturers data radios.
The HSC/PDM option supports dual RS232 ports and an Ethernet port. This allows a variety of interfaces to the central system and the slave devices as well as the possibility to mix host systems. There is a possibility to use the HSC with the optional PDM data radios to make a bridge system to an RS232 device to form part of a central IP based host.
19" Rack Mounted HSC/PDM Unit
Netcontrol has developed the HSC/PDM integrated 19” rack mount unit, combining our PDM rack mounted data radio with exceptional signal recovery in order to transmit data over large distances, and the HSC 100. Each digital data radio can retransmit a message to any other data radio in order to greatly increase area coverage.
The HSC/PDM has been designed with both the PDR 121 v2 and PDR 221 v2 in mind. It is based on the same HW and SW however the 19” rack mount has been designed for easy substation installation.
- Material: Painted Steel
- Size: (HxWxD) 600 x 400 x 210 mm
- Weight: 15 kg / 6.8 lb (including radios)
- Classification: IP 45
- Temperature Range: +5 ... +55 ˚C
- Power Supply: 110 / 230 VAC, 12 / 24 / 48 VDC
- Power Consumption:
- Max 7 W Radio when the radio receives
- Max 21 W Radio when the radio transmit
- Connection: Terminal block. MCB fuse protected
Interfaces - RS232 & Ethernet
- Three Wires: Rx/Tx/GND
- Connection: DB9 Female, Wired as DCE (modem)
- Ethernet Port: TCP/IP, UDP/IP, SNMP
- Configuration: via RS232 port (see PDM brochure for data radio interface)
- Radio Switch Input: Isolated 10-70 VDC.
- Edge triggered positive or negative edge configurable
- Terminal block Indication Output: Potential free contact.
- NO / NC selectable by wiring Connection: Terminal block
- Config. Software: Standard Windows Terminal Program
- Data Rate: Selectable 1200 / 9600 / 57600 bps
- Connection: RS232 DB9 female, Wired as DCE (modem)
- Connection: Terminal block
- Main Radio Active/ Standby Radio Active, Auto Switch ON/OFF
- Diagnostic Software: Radius Radio Networking Diagnostics (RND 100)
- Data Rate: 57600 bps
- Connection: RS232 DB9 Female
- Wired as DGE (modem)
- Antenna Connection: N-Female. 1 or 2 connectors selectable